A year of travel from Morocco to France

Starting with a semester in Morocco, a short trip home then the following semester in France, it looks like I'll be out of the country more than in this year!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Il va faire du soleil!

It's been sooooo nice out! This past week has been absolutely gorgeous, which of course makes me want to be outside ALL THE TIME! and the best thing to do outside? Run.

ok maybe I can think of a few other things i like to do outside better like sit and read a book, but the best thing for me to do is run. I've been running quite a bit lately and made it through a 10k stopping only once to stretch out a little. It's fantastic! i feel so much better having run. although changing my eating habits is ridiculously hopeless here (i'm sorry i'm just not going to stop eating the butter, desserts or caramels), running has made me feel so much healthier! It's funny because now that i've been running, the fat that i have on my body which i didn't notice too much before has started to hang off like it knows it's not supposed to be there and is waiting for me to work it off. Already my legs feel stronger and I'm tan (er) now because i'm outside all the time.It's fabulous.

What's not so fabulous is the amount of sh*t I have to do that I have no motivation for. I have to finish 2 applications for grant money, one of which is due next friday, and I have a skype interview on monday for an internship at the women's rape crisis center in burlington. There's the apartment situation and i'm still looking for jobs for the summer just in case.

In addition to that Thursday night, Friday night and tonight were Jeremy's play performances... and I'm so jealous of all of you who got to go! In case you were unaware, he was in the Sound of Music and played Rolf. So essentially he got to sing my favorite part of the whole movie/play and I don't get to see it!!! Apparently he's been singing in the shower and had trouble taking off his eye make up. While they're such small things, it kills me that I couldn't be there because I would have LOVED to hear him sing in the shower and I have eye make up remover that I should have been there to help him with. I told Trish that it's her job to work on the teleportation thing because if I could have been home just for the weekend I would have loved to. I hate it because I sound so spoiled and ridiculously ungrateful, but I can't help it; I would have loved to be home for this. What killed me the most was when Tricia told me she was sorry that I couldn't be there, I told her not to be because after all, I chose this. I chose to be out of the country for an academic year. I chose to miss birthdays and plays and apartment purchases. And while I've had the ride of my life traveling and seeing such different places and meeting the most interesting people, it's hard not to look at home and at school and see what I'm missing.

Luckily, now my classes are all scheduled so I have a French women's autobiography class, french lit from 1500-1800, World food population and democracy, international political economy and my global studies senior sem. I think I'm going to have a rough but good first semester for senior year. It's still so weird to think of it as that. Senior year... jeez. when did that happen? i guess that same time that Tricia's in graduate school, Jason's working towards his Ph.D and Jeremy's going into high school next year. When did we become so frickin old?? But as I explained to Jason the other day, we're still not old. I still feel like we're babies! I mean, not the same babies as when he and I first started dating I guess... when I was 16 and he was 18. so I guess that makes us toddlers? Finally starting to walk/live on our own but with some (major) help from our families. But that's another thing... it's always funny when people ask me how long Jason and I have been together because they're always so shocked when I say about 4 years. Except that the other day I was talking to my friend about the summer and everything and she was telling me that she's going home on July 4th. So I said that that was a day before our anniversary. When she asked me which one, it took me a minute. Then I realized that it's already been almost 5 years. 5 years! How did that happen and where did this year go? I guess the best way to answer that is to read my blog. Seriously though, I am baffled by how quickly everything's gone by. When did it become April (that's a rhetorical question btw)?

No comments:

Post a Comment